The Pontevedra Film Commission is a free public service provided by the Deputación de Pontevedra, managed by Turismo Rías Baixas, aimed at promoting the province of Pontevedra as a setting for shooting films and audiovisual projects; at reinforcing our brand positioning in the international market and boosting its economic growth; and at advising and supporting all national and international companies and professionals in the film sector that wish to shoot films and videos in the province of Pontevedra. Moreover, the Pontevedra Film Commission also manages all procedures, meets the needs of companies and helps in activities related to films, television programmes and series, documentaries, commercials and photographic reports to be shot or recorded in this province.
- Faro de Robaleira (Cangas)
- Pazo Provincial (Pontevedra)
- Fraga de Catasós (Lalín)
- Torre de San Sadurniño (Cambados)
- The Soutomaior Castle
- Modariz Spa
- Punta Cabalo (A Illa de Arousa)
- The city of Pontevedra
- The Sobroso Castle (Mondariz)
- Cíes Islands (Vigo)
- San Lourenzo de Carboeiro (Silleda)
- Bodegas Martín Códax (Cambados)
- Pazo de Quinteiro da Cruz (Ribadumia)
- Calvelo Bridge (Cerdedo-Cotobade)
- Ulla River (Caldas de Reis)
- Ruta dos Pilros (A Illa de Arousa)
- Ruinas de Santo Domingo (Pontevedra)
- Muíños do Folón e do Picón (O Rosal)
- Santa Mariña cemetery (Cambados)
- Almofrei Bridge (Cerdedo-Cotobade)
Pontevedra is rich in natural spaces, historical places and resources that can serve as ideal locations and settings for the film sector. Moreover, compared to the rest of Galicia and the north of the Iberian Peninsula, this province has a mild microclimate, so outdoor spaces can be enjoyed most of the year.
It also boasts a large and varied selection of hotels, accommodation establishments and restaurants, as well as excellent rail, air and sea connections thanks to the high-speed train link between Pontevedra and Madrid, three airports (Vigo, Santiago de Compostela and Porto) and the port of Vigo.
What do we offer
• Production and shooting support services.
• Assistance and guidance on finding locations for filming.
• Collaboration with both public and private entities for developing shootings. Intermediation with public and private institutions.
• Creation of a permanent local and regional partnership network in order to make the audiovisual work of producers and creators easier.
• Guidance, advice, information and support regarding the necessary procedures to develop audiovisual projects in coordination with other local, regional and national administrations for processing all necessary licences, authorisations and documentation for shooting.
• Support for audiovisual production companies wishing to shoot in the province of Pontevedra by acting as a liaison between film production companies, companies providing services linked to production, subsidiary companies and professionals in the film sector.
• Assistance to the local film sector and companies in the province of Pontevedra related to these services by offering information on local companies and professionals in the sector, by acting as a liaison between film production companies and professionals, and those providing services and facilities for the film sector in the province, as well as advice and information.
• Promotion and dissemination in the media.
• Development of national and international promotional campaigns together with the Spain Film Commission.
• Dissemination of the film culture among citizens with the aim of turning the province of Pontevedra into a setting for shooting films and audiovisual projects.
Actions carried out by the Deputación de Pontevedra
Premios Mulleres no Foco, awards aimed at highlighting the work of Galician women involved in the audiovisual sector.
Pontevedra Plató de Cinema. Sponsorships with private entities from the sector.
Pontevedra Plató de Cine 2022.
Spanish Official State Gazette (BOE): excerpt from the Decision of 19 April 2022, of the General Directorate of the Institute of Cinematography and Audiovisual Arts, announcing grants for the organisation of film festivals and competitions in Spain during 2022.
These grants are intended for the organisation of renowned film festivals or competitions to be held throughout 2022 in Spain, especially those focused on the promotion of Spanish, EU and Latin American cinema, as well as animated films, documentaries and short films.
Eligible beneficiaries are Spanish autonomous communities and agencies and entities dependent on them; public bodies having the status of local authorities, agencies and other bodies and entities dependent on them; and natural persons and legal entities complying with the requirements established in Article 54 of Order CUD/769/2018, of 17 July, acting as promoters of a film festival or event.
The Order CUD/888/2021, of 5 August, establishes the terms and conditions of the grants for the organisation of film festivals and competitions in Spain provided for in Article 32 of Law 55/2007, of 28 December, 2007, on cinema:
The available budget for the year 2022 is EUR 1,353,900 and the individual amount paid to beneficiaries shall not exceed 50% of the eligible expenses and each beneficiary shall receive a maximum of EUR 150,000.
The deadline for submitting applications will be fifteen working days from the day following the publication of this excerpt in the BOE (23 May, 2022) .
You can find all the information available on this call for proposals and the downloadable application forms on the web site of the Spanish Ministry of Culture and Sports:
As stated in Article 6.2.e) of the terms and conditions for these grants, VAT may be eligible for subsidy when it cannot be recovered or compensated.
Local film comissions
Pontevedra Film Comission
Casa da Luz, Praza da Verdura s/n
Teléfono:+34 986 100 185 ext 7465
Vigo Film Office
Fundación Vigo Convention Bureau (Avenida de Beiramar, 57)
Mail: email@example.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Vigo Film Office
Forcarei acoge el rodaje de una película para Netflix (La Voz de Galicia)
Netflix convierte las calles de Vigo en un plató de los años 50 (elespanol.com)
Pontevedra, set de rodaje para la historia de Ramona (Faro de Vigo)
Alfonso Zarauza retratará el alma de la ciudad de Pontevedra (La Voz de Galicia)
Turismo Rías Baixas
Palacete de las Mendoza, Plaza de Santa María s/n
Teléfono: 886 211 720